Standing in its own grounds of two thirds of an acre, Lane House is a substantial 4 bedroom character home located in the rural village of Halse, 2 miles north of Brackley, offering scope for some updating. The property has 2 reception rooms, kitchen and utility room, main bathroom on the first floor and an attic room currently used as a library. The mature gardens wrap around the property and should offer scope for considerable extension.Ground Floor
- A porch leads into the main hall which has Parquet flooring, doors to the ground floor rooms and stairs to the first floor. The living room is a dual aspect room having a window to the front, doors out to the rear garden and an open fireplace. The dining room has a large window with garden aspect and a further open fireplace. The kitchen is fitted with eye and base cupboards and has has an Aga (decommissioned) and a larder cupboard. A door leads to the inner hallway with a walk in cupboard and a step down into the utility room. The utility has a door to the garden, three windows to the side, space for appliances and door to the cloakroom. The cloakroom is fitted with a sink unit and a further door leads to the WC.Upstairs
- The first floor landing has a large arched window to the front, doors to the bedrooms, bathroom and cloakroom and stairs up to the attic room. Bedroom 1 is a large double room with a window overlooking the garden. Bedroom 2 has a window to the rear and a built in storage cupboard. Bedroom 3 has a window to the rear and bedroom 4 has a window to the front and an eaves storage cupboard. The bathroom is a good size and is fitted with a bath and a pedestal hand wash basin and has a storage cupboard. Next to the bathroom is a separate WC. Stairs lead to the attic room which is a large attic with a window to
the rear, currently used as a library.Gardens
- The plot extends to .68 Acre and is a particular feature having been largely planted by the current owner over the last 35 years. The gardens extend to the front, side and rear of Lane House with a pond with a waterfall adjacent to the patio leading from the dining room. The shaped borders are stocked with a vast array of plants, shrubs and perennials and their are a variety of trees. The formal garden is enclosed by privet hedge to the side, beyond which through an arch is a further garden with a number of trees, a greenhouse and kitchen garden. The front garden is screened by conifers, again which have deep borders, a small pond and rockery. There is a brick store to the side of the house which measures 4.5m x 3.0m and a timber Summer House.Garage And Parking
- A long gated driveway gives access to the plot and leads to the garage and front door. There is a single garage with light and power and a side window.Anti Money Laundering Regulations
- At offer agreed stage Macintyers will need to confirm the buyer's ID and will require full names, dates of birth and address details to complete this process prior to a sales memo being issued.High Speed Rail 2 (Hs2)
- For details on the proposed route of HS2 through North Bucks and South Northants please visit: www.gov.uk/government/publications/hs2-revised-line-of-route-mapsAgents Note
- This property will be sold with an overage clause in the sale contract should planning permission be obtained for one or more additional dwellings on the plot. Details to be confirmed.
Macintyers have prepared these particulars in good faith as a general guide and they do not constitute or form any part of an offer or any contract. No person within Macintyers has any authority to make or give representation or warranty on any property. All fixtures and fittings, carpets, curtains/blinds, kitchen equipment and furniture, whether fitted or not, are deemed removable by the seller unless specifically mentioned within these particulars. It must not be inferred that an item shown in a photograph is included in the sale. We have not tested the services, appliances and any fittings and the buyer is advised to undertake their own tests or get verification from their solicitor, prior to committing to the purchase. Sizes, areas, distances and floorplans included in these particulars are not to scale and are meant as a guide only to the general layout. Accordingly they should not be relied on for flooring and furnishings.
Please note the location above is an approximation based upon the postcode