Grade II Listed Victorian Village School built in 1852, converted into a large character home within the Shalstone Conservation area, backing onto fields. Convenient to the market towns of Buckingham and Brackley, a home of great character in a superb location. Must be viewed to be appreciated.Ground Floor
- The front door leads into a hall with iron studded oak doors leading to the original school room/living room to one side and the school teacher's accommodation to the other. The original school hall is now the living room and is a very impressive two and half storey vaulted room with a fine timber roof, original windows to the front and leaded French doors leading out to the rear garden. A gallery joins the two parts of the upstairs and a centrepiece of the living room is the original cast iron fireplace with stone surround. A wooden door leads to the dining room which has original windows to two aspects and an attractive cast iron fireplace with tiled inserts. The kitchen/breakfast room has tiled flooring and is fitted with oak fronted cupboards with work tops, a sink unit under a window overlooking the garden, a built-in double oven and 4 ring electric hob and there are spaces for a dishwasher and breakfast table. Adjacent is the utility room, which has windows to two aspects, a sink unit with cupboards under, spaces for appliances and the central heating boiler (Replaced in 2017). The original Master's house has a hallway with stairs to the first floor with a cupboard under, a door to the rear garden and further doors to a bathroom, the study which has windows to the front and rear and an original "Epping" Stove.First Floor
- The landing has cupboards built into the eaves with pine doors, pine panel wall and doors to bedrooms 1 and 4 and an arch through to the gallery which looks over the sitting room and has a fine stone mullioned window with view over fields to the rear. A door leads to the second landing which has pine doors off to bedrooms 2 and 3 and a bathroom. Bedroom one is a double room with exposed timbers and a cupboard, bedroom 2 has a mullioned window with views over fields to the rear and bedroom 3 has a window to the side and a built-in shelved cupboard. Bedroom 4 is a single room with an original window overlooking the garden and fields.Double Garage And Parking
- A tarmac driveway leads up the right hand side of the plot to the double garage which has windows to the side and rear, a door to the garden and a remote control powered up and over vehicle door.Gardens
- The Old School stands in a good size plot of approximately quarter of an acre with gardens to the front and rear. The rear garden enjoys a Westerly aspect and backs onto fields, the garden being mainly lawned with established borders, a patio behind the house and well. A door giving access to a store room with light, power and a window. The front garden is lawned with planted borders and screened from the road by mature hedging and an original geometric patterned pathway leads to the front door.Anti Money Laundering Regulations
- At offer agreed stage Macintyers will need to confirm the buyer's ID and will require full names, dates of birth and address details to complete this process prior to a sales memo being issued.High Speed Rail 2 (Hs2)
- For details on the proposed route of HS2 through North Bucks and South Northants please visit: www.gov.uk/government/publications/hs2-revised-line-of-route-maps. This property is approximately 3km from the proposed route.
Macintyers have prepared these particulars in good faith as a general guide and they do not constitute or form any part of an offer or any contract. No person within Macintyers has any authority to make or give representation or warranty on any property. All fixtures and fittings, carpets, curtains/blinds, kitchen equipment and furniture, whether fitted or not, are deemed removable by the seller unless specifically mentioned within these particulars. It must not be inferred that an item shown in a photograph is included in the sale. We have not tested the services, appliances and any fittings and the buyer is advised to undertake their own tests or get verification from their solicitor, prior to committing to the purchase. Sizes, areas, distances and floorplans included in these particulars are not to scale and are meant as a guide only to the general layout. Accordingly they should not be relied on for flooring and furnishings.
Please note the location above is an approximation based upon the postcode