This one bedroom self contained garden flat is conveniently located for the rail station and Town Centre amenities. The flat is part of a conversion of an older property so enjoys a spacious character feel, but the real unique selling point must be the garden which is an unexpected green oasis within this urban setting.Accommodation
- A wrought iron staircase leads down from street level to a private courtyard. A part glazed entrance door open to the hallway with doors leading off to all the garden floor accommodation. The floor is engineered oak which follows through to the bedroom, the living room and the kitchen. The utility/store has spaces for a freezer and a washing machine, the mains fuse board and an elevated hot water cylinder. The bedroom is a double size room which looks to the front. The bathroom is fitted in a white three piece suite, there is a separate shower unit over the bath with glazed shower screen. The floor is tiled, an extractor fan is fitted and there is ceramic splash back tiling to all water sensitive areas. The sitting/dining room looks to the rear of the apartment with French doors opening onto the patio area. There is a cast iron fireplace with open hearth grate, mantle shelf and surround. This is an original feature and makes an impressive focal point to this room, a door opens to the kitchen, which has been refitted with matching base and eye level units with cupboards and drawers arranged all down one wall. A wood effect work surface follows round with an inset sink with mixer taps over. There is an integrated ceramic four ring electric hob with single combination oven under and canopy filter hood over. There is a separate low level space for a fridge and ceramic splash back tiling to all water sensitive areas. A window looks to the rear and a door opens to the garden.Outside
- The gardens are to the rear of the property being approximately 55ft in length and stocked with a wide variety of mature shrubs plants and trees. There is a large paved patio, paved pathways with a circular lawn, seating areas, spaces for garden sheds or greenhouses, cold water tap and a timber gated rear access leading out to the feeder road at the rear of the main building. The garden flat has exclusive use of the garden and the rear access gate.Parking
- There is a feeder road to the rear of the subject property which is a shared resident's parking area, on a first come first served basis. There is also a designated parking area beyond the feeder road which can be used again on a first come, first served basis. Secure off road parking could be created by using the end of the garden to create an off road parking space.Lease Information
- There are 72 years remaining on the lease. The service charge is ?50 per month. The Freehold is shared between the three apartments so the new owner would become a director of the management company with a 1/3rd share of the freehold with the potential to renew the lease.Anti Money Laundering Regulations
- At offer agreed stage Macintyers will need to confirm the buyer's ID and will require full names, dates of birth and address details to complete this process prior to a sales memo being issued.Agent's Note
- The Seller (who has owned the property since 1990) has disclosed that some years ago there was a private footpath at the very end of the garden, on the far side of the then rear fence, which afforded pedestrian access to the garden of the neighbouring property. The Seller goes on to say that the footpath became redundant when the road at the rear was constructed, and a new fence was erected along the rear boundaries of the properties, following which the neighbour was able to gain access directly to their garden from the new road without having to use the footpath. At that point the Seller says that she removed the old rear fence and incorporated the site of the disused footpath as part of the garden of the property.
Therefore on the face of it the Seller does not have title to a very narrow strip of land at the bottom of the garden that previously formed the site of the footpath. However, the Land Registry title plan appears to correspond with the boundaries of the property as they are on site and from an inspection of the property there is no apparent discrepancy.
Macintyers have prepared these particulars in good faith as a general guide and they do not constitute or form any part of an offer or any contract. No person within Macintyers has any authority to make or give representation or warranty on any property. All fixtures and fittings, carpets, curtains/blinds, kitchen equipment and furniture, whether fitted or not, are deemed removable by the seller unless specifically mentioned within these particulars. It must not be inferred that an item shown in a photograph is included in the sale. We have not tested the services, appliances and any fittings and the buyer is advised to undertake their own tests or get verification from their solicitor, prior to committing to the purchase. Sizes, areas, distances and floorplans included in these particulars are not to scale and are meant as a guide only to the general layout. Accordingly they should not be relied on for flooring and furnishings.
Please note the location above is an approximation based upon the postcode