A substantial stone character cottage with many original features including exposed timbers and stonework with fireplaces and log burning stoves. This spacious 4 bedroom offers a modern home, including granite tops in the kitchen, in a character building located in the heart of the well served village of Croughton which has been sympathetically updated by the current owners. Planning permission was passed recently to add a single storey extension to the rear, please see plans.Ground Floor
- The front lobby has a stained glass window to the stairs and a door to the large reception hall which Is open to adjoining rooms and has solid oak flooring which continues throughout the hall, lounge and dining room. The hall has a leaded window with a window seat set within an exposed stone wall, a trap door to the cellar, and stairs to the first floor. The dining room is full of character with a front window, French doors to the patio, exposed stone walls, timber beams a stone fireplace with wood burning stove. The sitting room is open plan from the hall and has an inglenook fireplace with salt store, bread oven and a wood burning stove. The Kitchen/breakfast room is to the rear and has a stable door to the rear garden and is fitted with a modern yet traditional units granite work surfaces. Integrated appliances include a range cooker with a hood over, dishwasher and fridge/freezer. The utility room has matching units and granite tops with spaces for a washing machine and tumble drier (one above the other) and for two under counter appliances. From the utility room is a cloakroom fitted with a modern white suite.First Floor
- The first floor landing has doors to all rooms. Bedroom 1 is a large double room to the front and has an exposed stone wall and an en-suite shower room fitted with a modern suite including a large shower, corner basin and WC. Bedroom 2 is a large double to the rear which also benefits from a modern en-suite shower room. Bedroom 3 is a double room with windows to the front and rear and a cast iron fireplace. Bedroom 4 has a window to the front, a built in cupboard, with two stained glass fanlights. The family bathroom has modern yet traditional white suite including a bath with shower above, basin and WC. The two loft areas are insulated and boarded and can be accessed via two loft hatches, each with folding timber loft ladders.Cellar
- The cellar is accessed from a trap door in the hall and is approx 3.9m x 2.18m (12'10 x 7'2")Rear Garden
- The garden is a good size and well kept being mainly laid mainly to lawn with shrub borders and a walled patio area.Parking
- There is a block paved parking area to the front of the property with space for one vehicle.Planning Permission
- Planning Permission was passed on 3rd July 2017 for a single storey rear extension. A plan is attached as an image within these details and full plans can be seen on the SNC planning portal, reference S/2017/1264/FUL.Anti Money Laundering Regulations
- Estate Agents are required to carry out Customer Due Diligence on buyers and at offer stage we will require details from prospective purchasers to carry out ID checks.High Speed Rail 2
- For details on the proposed route of HS2 please visit www.gov.uk/government/publications/hs2-revised-line-of-route-maps.
Macintyers have prepared these particulars in good faith as a general guide and they do not constitute or form any part of an offer or any contract. No person within Macintyers has any authority to make or give representation or warranty on any property. All fixtures and fittings, carpets, curtains/blinds, kitchen equipment and furniture, whether fitted or not, are deemed removable by the seller unless specifically mentioned within these particulars. It must not be inferred that an item shown in a photograph is included in the sale. We have not tested the services, appliances and any fittings and the buyer is advised to undertake their own tests or get verification from their solicitor, prior to committing to the purchase. Sizes, areas, distances and floorplans included in these particulars are not to scale and are meant as a guide only to the general layout. Accordingly they should not be relied on for flooring and furnishings.
Please note the location above is an approximation based upon the postcode