At Macintyers, we pride ourselves on our detailed knowledge of Brackley, Middleton Cheney and surrounding areas. On this page, you'll find information on the beautiful villages and hamlets within our area.
The small South Northamptonshire parish of Abthorpe, lies in gently rolling countryside in the Tove Valley, ideal for walking and exploring Bucknell's Wood. The village has a traditional Public House with Inglenook fireplace, located close to the Church.
An attractive hill top village, overlooking the Cherwell Valley with a selection of attractive stone cottages and village houses, interspersed with a wide range of more recent properties. The Cartwright Arms Hotel and the great house of Aynho Park form the centrepiece of the village.
A small village in Buckinghamshire close to Silverstone Motor Racing Circuit and the ancient Royal Forest of Whittlewood. The River Great Ouse forms part of the of the Parish boundary and Biddlesden Park, stands on the site of a former Cistercian Abbey.
An historic market town in the South West corner of Northamptonshire, with an attractive Market Place with dominant Town Hall; fine 18th Century buildings; an Old Town area around the Medieval Church. Modern facilities include a good range of shops and cafes, as well as Primary and Secondary schools.
Local Clubs & Activities Information, clink on the link below
Blakesley is a village in south Northamptonshire about 12 miles from Brackley and close to surrounding villages of Wappenham and Abthorpe and benefitting from being a short distance to both Towcester and Silverstone.
The village has just under 500 residents and has a long history being associated with the knights of St John of Jerusalem and is mentioned in the Domesday Book.
The village is built of marlstone and is has a thriving local community with facilities and public buildings including a church, village hall, reading room, pub, shop/post office, playing field and primary school.
A reasonably sized Village on the Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire and Warwickshire borders. Having a Church and bell ringing club for the 5 bells, a Village Hall, a well respected Primary School, indoor/outdoor Bowls Club and the 'Plough Inn' Public House.
A small, thriving, South Northamptonshire village, noted in the Domesday Book of 1086. Built from mellow localstone, the village is a mix of old and new with a Church, Reading Rooms and a large number of high status stone houses.
Located close to the Oxfordshire Town of Banbury, with a thriving Primary School, Village Hall, Parish Church and the “George and Dragon” Public House. Once the site of anAugustinian Priory and nearby Civil War Battle of Cropredy Bridge (1644).
Charlton is an active community with a variety of clubs and local groups with a Post Office/General Stores, Primary School, Public House, Village Hall and Church and much of the village is a Conservation Area. Kings Sutton is two miles away with a mainline rail link to London Marylebone and Birmingham.
Chesterton is a village and a tributary of the River Bure in Oxfordshire. The village is about 1.5 miles (2.4 km) southwest of the market town of Bicester. The 12th century Church Saint Mary in the village, a public house ‘The Red Cow’, Church of England Primary School, and close by is a Golf and Spa Country club.
Chipping Warden is a rural village situated Nort-East of Banbury on the border of North Oxfordshire and South Northamptonshire.
The village comprises a cross section of modern and traditional period stone built houses and cottage situated in the village centre. The village has a local primary school, 2 public houses and an Indian restaurant. Local shops are 3 miles away.
A village with stone built cottages and a Co-op “Country Store” and having the only thatched school in the county still in use today (part of the Croughton All Saints Primary School). Croughton has a variety of community activities and clubs, as well as a Church with 14th Century wall paintings.
Located in rural Oxfordshire, where Flora Thompson’s memories of Victorian life, were immortalised in her book “Lark Rise”. Since that time, the villages of Cottisford (Fordlow) and the Hamlet of Juniper Hill (Lark Rise) have not changed greatly.
Nestling in the Northamptonshire countryside on a “no-through road”, sheltered by the Whistley Wood, yet conveniently located, Crowfield was originally an agricultural community, officially designated as a settlement with 25 houses and part of the Parish of Syresham.
Occupying a hilltop position in the South West of Northamptonshire with views over almost three counties, Culworth is an attractive village, predominantly stone-built with a number of working farms, a well-renowned Primary School, Public House, Butcher’s shop and Forge Gallery Shop.
A quintessentially English village, located in South Northamptonshire and benefiting from a local Village Store and Post Office, Public House, Church, Village Hall and delightful stone cottages set around one of the finest Village Greens in the county.
Located in the South West corner of rural Northamptonshire, ideal for country walks and built mainly from local stone. Eydon Hall was built c.1788 and there is a 13th Century Parish Church, a Village Hall and The Royal Oak” Public House.
A South Northamptonshire village, located between Brackley and Banbury with a thriving Primary School, Church, local Farm Shop and Tea Rooms and “The Fox” Public House. Predominantly stone-built houses and cottages, much of which is a Conservation Area.
19th Century Fringford is associated with Flora Thompson’s book “Lark Rise to Candleford” as the village of “Fordlow”. Today’s village has a thriving Primary School, Cricket Club, Village Hall, Church and traditional Public House “The Butcher’s Arms”.
Located in North Oxfordshire and originally two separate settlements with their own Manor House. Having an 11th Century Church, a thriving, successful Primary School (built 1872), Village Hall and Playing Fields which support local organisations, catering for all ages and groups.
A rural community on the borders of Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire with a Public House, a 14th Century Church, Primary School and active cricket and Football teams. To the south of the village lies the site of the Finmere airfield (RAF operational 1942/45).
A popular South Northamptonshire village to the West of Brackley. Predominantly stone-built and centred around the Shop/Post Office, Primary School, Public House and Church. Secondary education is at 'Chenderit School' in the nearby village of Middleton Cheney.
In days gone by, Halse was a larger settlement and neighbouring Brackley’s Manor House was located here. Today, Halse is a small rural community with a mixture of properties both old and new, the Chapel is used for village activities and events.
A small Oxfordshire village between Brackley and Bicester, the name Hardwick comes from the Old English, for a farm or dwelling place for sheep. The Church was rebuilt in 1877 by George Gilbert Scott and there is a thriving Farm Shop supplying local produce.
A thriving South Northamptonshire village with a Parish Church, Public House, Sports Field and well renowned Primary School, which lies between the towns of Brackley and Banbury and convenient for the A43(T) and motorway network beyond.
A quiet Oxfordshire village with its Public House, The Muddy Duck, and two Churches, surrounded by countryside, yet conveniently placed to make use of the local amenities to be found in the nearby towns of Bicester and Brackley.
Located in a fold on a hillside, close to the Market Town of Brackley in South Northamptonshire, Hinton-in-the-Hedges, lives up to its name as an unspoilt village off the beaten track with a traditional village Public House. However, it is ideally located for access onto the A43(T) and the wider motorway network beyond.
A thriving village, with good local facilities, situated on the border between Oxfordshire and Northamptonshire with a mainline rail link to London Marylebone and Birmingham, a splendid mediaeval Church with a lofty 13th Century spire and a delightful well-kept Green.
Located close to the Old Drovers’ Road know as the Welsh Lane the village boasts a 15th Century Public House, “The Marston Inn”(currently closed). Marston House has Elizabethan Origins and was rebuilt in the 1700s, there is a local Church and Cricket Club.
Originally an agricultural village, one of the largest in South Northamptonshire and site of a nearby Civil War Battle in 1643. Many 17th Century cottages still remain, alongside a variety of shops, doctor’s surgery, Primary and Secondary Schools, clubs and activities.
Surrounded by open countryside, this Oxfordshire village is located between Brackley and Buckingham. Many of the cottages along the main street were built in Victorian times as Estate Workers Cottages and there are earthworks remaining from a 12th Century Castle.
The majority of this attractive stone village is now designated as a Conservation Area, in former times, a fortnightly cattle market was held here. Nearby places of interest include Sulgrave Manor and The National Trust’s Canons Ashby.
A small, rural hamlet close to the village of Syresham in Northamptonshire, a mixture of old and new cottages and smallholdings. The market town of Brackley a few miles away provides a good variety of local amenities including shops, schools, doctors and leisure facilities.
The picturesque village of Preston Bissett is situated in the north of the parish, and is grouped round the parish church, which stands in a churchyard on rising ground. The cottages of which it is mainly composed are thatched, many of them dating from the 17th century, whilst the inn known as 'The Old Hat', which stands opposite the church, is an ancient building of interest.
A charming hamlet in rural south Northamptonshire made up of around 20 houses, including a number of old railway and agricultural workers’ cottages. Radstone also has a Church, believed to be of Norman origins.
A Buckinghamshire village, Anglo Saxon in origin with Parish Church reconstructed in the 1860s by architect Sir George Gilbert Scott. Situated four miles from the Town of Buckingham, with its University, schools, shops and leisure facilities.
Located in rural Northamptonshire, a small village with Church and Old School House, surrounded by countryside, yet within a few miles from popular local attractions such as, Silverstone Motor Racing Circuit and Towcester Race Course.
A small village with a Manor House, Church and Public House, conveniently located between the towns of Bicester and Banbury. The Oxford Canal, built in 1787 and Ockley Brook, a tributary of the River Cherwell are on the edge of the village.
With a medieval Church and Tudor Manor House, once the home of ancestors of George Washington, 1st President of the United States of America. There is a community shop, “The Star” Public House and the remains of a Norman Castle.
Syresham is a predominantly limestone-built village, surrounded by remnants of ancient woodland with an old 'Drovers Road' passing close by. The village has a Primary School, a Late Norman Church, Post Office/Village Store, a Sports & Social Club and a Public Houses.
Located between Brackley and Northampton, home to British Motor Racing and The Grand Prix, the village contains a Post Office, shop, Public Houses, Village Hall and Primary School, other nearby facilities include Whittlebury Hall Spa, Conference Centre and Golf Course.
Stoke Lyne is a picturesque, quiet village nestling between the old market towns of Brackley, Bicester and Buckingham. Visitors are attracted to the village by its beautiful countryside walks and spectacular views.
Located between Brackley and Buckingham, the village boasts two public houses as well as a Primary School, Village Store and a variety of local businesses, there is an attractive duck pond and a mixture of stone built dwellings, cottages and newer homes.
Set amongst the rolling hillsides of rural Northamptonshire is the picturesque, untouched village of Thorpe Mandeville located on the old “drovers' road” and its traditional Public House “The Three Conies” dates from the 17th century, when it was an inn.
Located in rural South Northamptonshire in the upper Tove valley, 15 miles south west of Northampton with a 13th Century Parish Church, Village Hall and some fine examples of architect Sir Gilbert Scott designs around the village, including the Rectory.
Known by two names, Weedon Lois and Lois Weedon, with a Church and thriving Primary School, the village is set in the Upper Tove Valley and is the site of a former Priory and 11th Century Castle, of which only a tree covered mound remains.
A small village conveniently located between Brackley and Buckingham on the Northamptonshire /Buckinghamshire border, located in the village is the well-renowned Independent “Beachborough” School , Church, Cricket Ground and Club House.
A small rural village, surrounded by agricultural land, informal parkland and woodland. Located close to Silverstone Motor Racing Circuit, the village has a popular Primary School and traditional local Public House as well as Whittlebury Hall Spa, Conference Centre and Golf Course.
Weston is a small village in South West Northamptonshire, situated in rural countryside near the villages of Weedon Lois and Helmdon. Weston is renowned for its attractive period properties, including Weston Hall and its well regarded Public House, “The Crown”.
A small village in South Northamptonshire, conveniently located just over two miles from the Market Town of Brackley with all its amenities. Whitfield has attractive stone-built cottages, a Victorian Church, Village Hall and “The Sun” Public House.
A rural village on the River Great Ouse, set between Brackley and Buckingham with working farms and Livery Stables, Church and Village Hall and delightful thatched cottages, located in close proximity to the National Trust Gardens at Stowe.
Woodford Halse is a village about 6.5 miles south of Daventry in Northamptonshire. The village has a range of amenities including a sports club with facilities for Cricket, football and tennis, a village shop, a pub and a village church.
In this section you'll find information on the excellent schools in and around Brackley.
Waynflete Avenue, Brackley, Northants NN13 6FB
Magdalen College School is an Academy Trust Co-Educational Comprehensive school serving 11-19 year age range. The school is based on two sites close to the center of Brackley Town
Tel: 01280 846300
Tile House Mansion, Lillingstone Dayrell, MK18 5AN
An independent School for boys and girls aged 12 months to 18 years based on three separate sites and is Akeley Wood School is part of the Cognita Schools Group
Tel: 01280 860182
Stowe School, Stowe, Buckingham. MK18 5EH
A Co-educational full boarding school catering for pupils from the age of 13 -18 years and is set in 750 acres of landscape gardens and parkland.
Tel: 01280 818000
Beachborough School, Westbury, Nr Brackley, Northants. NN13 5LB
Beachborough School is an independent co-educational day and boarding school for children aged from 21/2 to 13 years of age set in a rural 30 acres.
Tel: 01280 700071
Chenderit School, Archery Road, Middleton Cheney, Banbury, Oxon. OX17 2QR
Chenderit school is designated a specialist visual arts college that caters for children aged 11-18 situated on the edge of teh village of Middleton Cheney.
Tel: 01295 711567
Sponne School, Brackley Road, Towcester, Northants. NN12 6DJ
Sponne School is a mixed comprehensive school serving the town of Towcester and surrounding villages and is designated as a music and science academy
Tel: 01327 350284
Silverstone University Technical College, Silverstone Circuit, Towcester, Northants. NN13 8TN
This State of the art college opened in 2013 and caters for pupils aged 14-19 years of age. The Silverstone UTC is an educational partnership between Tresham College of Further and Higher Education, University of Northampton and Silverstone Circuit.
Tel: 01327 855010
Below are links to a number of websites which may be useful in your property search.
A selection of useful links:
Need some help finding the right area or the right property? We can help you.